Neither you nor your loved ones have to experience this season of life alone. ---Mattyee

Neither you nor your loved ones have to experience this season of life alone.  ---Mattyee

Monday, June 28, 2010

One of life's most memorable moments

Art Linkletter
(July 17, 1912 - May 26, 2010)

I met Art Linkletter at the Grand Opening at Aegis of Pleasant Hill on October 18, 1998.

He autographed an Aegis brochure and posed for a photograph with me.

He mingled with the guests during the reception and he spoke with me briefly while in line at the buffet table.

I will remember him for Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Linkletter was a role model for aging gracefully. He remained active in his senior years. Due to his busy schedule he was unable to provide a book review for My Diary: Starter Kit, but he promptly responded to my request.

He will be sorely missed.

My condolences to the Linkletter family.